porn

JQ Johnson jqj at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Jul 10 09:51:01 EDT 1997

Brian Stone writes in response to Diane Lewis:

>This problem is primarily a guy thing.

The social problem of pornography (including "soft core") is not that it
corrupts the minds of a few boys, but rather that it contributes to a climate
where women are perceived only as sex objects.  Thus, the key social issue here
is feminism.

P.S. now that the discussion has broadened so that it is less dominated by one
or two voices, I no longer have a process issue with it.  I find it fairly
devoid of new content, but concur with our moderator that there is no reason to
suppress it.

JQ Johnson                      office: 115F Knight Library
Academic Education Coordinator  email: jqj at darkwing.uoregon.edu
1299 University of Oregon       voice: 1-541-346-1746  fax: -3485
Eugene, OR  97403-1299          <http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~jqj>