Could we end this filtering/porn discussion, please?

Mark Wilden Mark at mWilden.com
Wed Jul 9 22:11:23 EDT 1997

> From: Robert Hubsher <rhubsher at cornwall.library.on.ca>
>
> I am getting very tired of pressing the delete key.  I would like to see
> an end of this discussion on this particular listserv.  Several people
> have already pointed out that there is at least one listserv
> dedicated to this topic, please migrate your discussion there.

Actually, I've been told that FILT4LIB no longer exists, unfortunately.

My own feeling on this issue is that it's very interesting to me, very important to libraries in
general and I enjoy discussing it with "the other side." I find it highly ironic that those who
wish the discussion of filtering to stop are apparently unaware of or unwilling to use the
filtering tools available to them.

Personally, I never have told any group of people online to stop talking about a particular
subject, and I never will. I belong to several lists and delete a good hundred messages a day
unread, either manually or automatically. It works for me.