MS registry utility

BryanTyson at aol.com BryanTyson at aol.com
Tue Jul 8 21:20:18 EDT 1997

In a message dated 97-07-08 16:01:35 EDT, Bruce writes:

<< It was recently mentioned that Microsoft "has a free utility to clean the
 registry, especially after repeated installs of the same software".  I
 would like to know the particulars so that I can download this utility. >>

Let me refer you to two places in the quoted posts below:

==============================

Subj:  Re:Regcln.exe
Date:  97-05-27 07:16:47 EDT
From:  WinMagFred

try the link in the middle of this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q147/7/69.htm

==============================

Subj:  Re:Reg Clean
Date:  97-07-08 03:20:30 EDT
From:  DKNEL

Hi,

Regclean seems to be pretty safe but it's always a good idea to back up the
registry before making any changes.  It is a bit hard to find.  The easiest
way is to go to http://www.winmag.com and look for it in the top downloads
section.

Don

Bryan S. Tyson