children accessing porn; adults turning off filterware

earl young eayoung at cais.com
Tue Jul 8 17:37:15 EDT 1997

Pardon me, but the real issue for this thread is kids and porn.  There
were a couple of messages from others yesterday stating in passing that
"there was a case to be made" in favor of allowing such access, and I
merely asked them to make the case.  This isn't First Amendment, CDA,
filters, or much of anything else.  I merely wanted to know what the
case is for such access in libraries.  The excludes access in homes,
excludes the issue of whether such material belongs on the 'net in
general, and for that matter anything else.  This isn't rhetoric mpr an
attempt to diminish rights.  What is the case in favor?