David & Karen in Wired News

Burt, David DBurt at ci.oswego.or.us
Tue Jul 8 13:47:00 EDT 1997

Karen Schneider and myself are mentioned in today's wired news "The
Post-CDA Flame War",
http://www.wired.com/news/news/politics/story/5008.html

It's great to see that pro-filtering librarians (me, not Karen) are
finally starting to get some media attention, and we can begin the long,
hard job of undoing the massive disinformation campaign of ALA OIF et
al. about filters.  My article "In Defense of Filtering" will run in the
August issue of "American Libraries".

I have only begun to fight.

          David Burt, Information Technology Librarian
          The Lake Oswego Public Library
          706 Fourth Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
          Phone:     (503) 675-2537
          Fax:           (503) 635-4171
          E-mail:      dburt at ci.oswego.or.us