children accessing porn; adults turning off filterware (was

Mark Wilden Mark at mWilden.com
Tue Jul 8 13:33:02 EDT 1997

> From: Albert Lunde <Albert-Lunde at nwu.edu>
>
> The question is not merely how libraries should respond to the will of "the
> public", but how to deal with complex cases where different parts of "the
> public" are likely to disagree.

Well, I think I've made my opinion clear: libraries should respond not to the "will of the people"
but to the Constitution of the United States. :)

I have no problem with people disagreeing about what a child should see. The problem is when they
want to impose their own standards on everyone.