browser i.p. access

Shaun Mason smason at rmc.edu
Mon Jul 7 11:20:30 EDT 1997

Hello,

My name is Shaun Mason and I'm a reference librarian at Randolph-Macon
College in Ashland, VA.  This is my first post to the list and it is a
question.  My situation is this.  We are using a web based OPAC for remote
and local access to our holdings.  We want to be able to restrict access to
our catalog only, through a few of our public p.c.'s.  We are currently
running Windows 3.11 and Netscape 3.0 on these machines and Sirsi's Webcat.
 As far as I know products like Fortress and IKIOSK can't limit what you
browse by i.p. address (our Sirsi server).  Does anyone know of a way to
prevent users from browsing all of the Internet from these stations?  BTW
we plan on upgrading to Windows 95 shortly if this helps.  TIA.

--
Shaun Mason                     |   voice: 804-752-3713
Electronic Services Librarian   |   email: smason at rmc.edu
Randolph-Macon College          |   fax:   804-752-7345
Ashland, VA 23005               |