Netscape woes

Alejandro Garza Gonzalez agarza at ci.mty.itesm.mx
Mon Jul 7 11:24:48 EDT 1997

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Michael Huber wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Lori A. Schwabenbauer, Camden County Library wrote:
>
> > Lately we've had problems with several Win 95 machines running
> > Netscape [...] these machines were running NN Gold 3.01.  We've
> > tried reinstalling Netscape, which seems to have cleared up the
> > problems, but we don't understand why this would happen.  We do
> > empty our caches, so I doubt it's that.  Anyone have similar
> > experiences?  Any words of wisdom?
>
> I have never seen Netscape do this consistantly but, I would suggest
> (unless you need Gold) you try just plain ol' Netscape Navigator 3.01
> sans bell and whistles.

We did have the same problems with NS 3.0 and Gold 3.01 often, we had to
reinstall several of our public machine's NS (not to mention one of our
test machines).

However, I don't see how switching to 3.01 from Gold would alleviate any
problems.. at least in our track record, Gold crashed a liittle bit less
than 3.01 (under Win95), but that just might be luck =)

_ alejandro garza _________________ __ _ _  _    _
  ITESM Centro de Informacion-Biblioteca Monterrey
  agarza at campus.mty.itesm.mx
_ http://www-cib.mty.itesm.mx/ ____ __ _ _  _    _