Web-based survey software

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Thu Jul 3 18:51:07 EDT 1997

I've seen a good couple dozen web-based survey software packages, including
several that claim to write the cgi for you and help present the data
(definitely less work for Mother, if they function as advertised!).  A
search in Yahoo, for example, yields a healthy 20+ links in "Surveys and
Polling."  Prices range from modest to breathtaking, though most products
claim to be uniformly "full-featured."

For someone who has end-user Unix experience, a virtual webserver with a
fair amount of CGI access, and somewhat cramped time constraints, can
anyone who has gone this route recommend a good tool?  I'm looking at a
survey with approximately 20 questions (some of which have numerous
check-all-that-apply selections), and am anticipating between 300 and 750
completed surveys.

Karen G. Schneider * kgs at bluehighways.com * schneider.karen at epamail.epa.gov
Director, US EPA Region 2 Library | Contractor, Garcia Consulting
http://www.epa.gov/Region2/library/ | Columnist, American Libraries
Author of the forthcoming book, A Practical Guide to Internet Filters
See The Filter Assessment Project at http://www.bluehighways.com/tifap/