"filtering" is censorship

Dspp at aol.com Dspp at aol.com
Thu Jul 3 11:19:58 EDT 1997

In a message dated 97-07-03 06:23:47 EDT, eroche at sisna.com (Elisabeth Roche)
writes:

<<  D.S.P. Popeck's question just shows me that good intentioned people are
 still confused about what "filtering" is and what it is about.

 It makes no difference whether your browser is text-based or graphically
 based to the censors. They are interested in restricting the flow of
 information on topics, subjects and the ideas and actions of people who
 they do not agree with or approve of. It's really a simple equation.  >>

My question (posed to no one in particular) was a rhetorical one aimed to
draw the discussion away from the tired and circular arguments we have been
reading here about filtering. We utilize standard browsers (Navigator and
Explorer) and have no plans to switch to lexical-only browsers (or set our
current browsers to not load graphics). Your sig file seems appropos since
you arrived at my point without knowing I was trying to raise that issue.

<<Elisabeth Roche eroche at sisna.com
serendipity RULES!>>

DSP Popeck