Frames: Explorer v. Netscape

Gordon, Dana danag at nwnet.newsweek.com
Wed Jul 2 11:04:42 EDT 1997

Folks,

We are considering updating our intranet site using Frames.

Our users will all have MS IExplorer 3.0.  I've heard concerns that IE
doesn't handle Frames as well as Netscape--can anyone elaborate?

Specifically, I've heard that the user's "Back" button doesn't work the
same way--that you have to use your right mouse button to go back.  Here
in the library we've noticed that in order to print something we must
click first within the frame of the material we wish to print.

TIA,
Dana Gordon
Deputy Director
Newsweek Research Center