Netscape mail?

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Jul 1 18:48:44 EDT 1997

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Christopher Locke wrote:

> At 08:05 AM 7/1/97 -0700, Jill Hamrin Postma wrote:
> >I noticed a "mention" about disabling the e-mail in Netscape yesterday.
> >Can anyone tell me how to disable the e-mail (at the public access
> >terminals)?
>
> from the top menu bar select "Options," then "Mail and News
> Preferences," then wipe the information from the Servers,
> Identity and Organization tabs.   won't work after that unless
> someone enters their own info (highly unlikely).
>
> best
>
> chris

Chris,

Although the method you mentioned will work, our patrons have no problem
entering their own information into these fields, attempting to access
their own e-mail.  I have found enough messages downloaded to know that
some of them have succeeded in the attempt.  Considering the wide-spread
use of Netscape at home, it shouldn't come as any suprise that most
patrons will know how to get past this.

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library
Northville, MI