CDA

Sheryl Dwinell dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Tue Jul 1 17:09:17 EDT 1997

>What examples can you give of this under typical library conditions?  By
>that I mean keyword filtering off, and only porn filtering enabled.
>Which filter currently in use in libraries under library conditions
>blocks sites on breast cancer?

CYBERSitter.  You cannot disable the keyword filter.  And, there are
libraries that are using CS.  What happens is that you are unable to
perform a search using a search engine for any blocked word.  So, you can't
search for 'breast cancer' or 'chicken breasts' or 'Enola Gay' or 'fairy
tales'.

Sheryl Dwinell
Cataloger/Database Management Librarian
Memorial Library * Marquette University
P.O. Box 3141 * Milwaukee, WI 53201-3141
414-288-3542 * dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu