Playboy at the library

Shaken Angel jbfink at ogre.lib.muohio.edu
Tue Jul 1 14:33:11 EDT 1997

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Library Internet Resources Co-ordinator wrote:

> At 6:00 PM -0700 6/30/97, Hetherington Information Services wrote:
>
> >Now I'm curious... Are there any other libraries that have Playboy in their
> >collection?
>
> My high school library had it in the 60s, in a very conservative farm town.
>
> It was behind the desk and available for asking by anyone, faculty or
> student, as were the car magazines.

I don't know if someone else from Miami has mentioned this, but my
library, Miami University of Oxford OH, keeps one year's worth of Playboy
magazines behind the circ desk, and also archives it on microfilm.

To the best of my knowledge, any patron can request it -- they just have
to ask.

-- john f., miami university libraries