A different Acrobat problem (on a MAC)

Beth Anderson, Fermilab Systems Librarian BETH at fnlib.fnal.gov
Fri Jan 31 14:49:14 EST 1997

Date sent: 31-JAN-1997

We're having an unusual problem with installing Acrobat Reader on only one of
our machines.  We've downloaded and installed this same software on a variety
of MACs, but on 1 of our IIci's, we get a message about, "must have Type
Manager installed" when we try to launch it from Netscape.

The other odd thing is that, after we attempt to launch the Reader from
Netscape & get this message, when we go back into Options to look at our Helper
apps... the application for viewing Postscript has changed from Acrobat Reader
to Acrobat Exchange!  We don't even have Exchange!  We keep changing it back,
but it won't stay!  Also, as an aside, how the heck does one remove a helper
app from the list?

Any clues?

Thanks,

Beth

p.s.  We've tried various PDF files, so it's not choking on the PDF, and we've
also reinstalled Acrobat REader several times to no avail.

-
Beth F. Anderson			        Systems Librarian
Email: beth at fnal.gov				Fermilab Library
Phone: 630-840-6017				P.O. Box 500, MS 109
FAX:   630-840-4636				Batavia, IL 60510
http://www-lib.fnal.gov/library
                      ** Please note new phone number **