Limit on Bookmarks Summary

Jennifer Baumann jbauman at nslsilus.org
Wed Jan 29 19:12:33 EST 1997

Thanks to all who responded to my question regarding a limit on the
number of bookmarks possible using Netscape.  A few people have asked for
a summary, so here it goes.

>From the responses I received, it appears that there is no limit on the
number of bookmarks barring a lack of memory.  The bookmarks list is
simply a HTML document itself.  There are some people who have very large
bookmark files.  The largest active bookmark file numbers that I received
were 250k and over 2,000 bookmarks!

If someone reaches the end, I'm sure the list would like to hear about
it.  Thanks again for your help.

Jennifer Baumann
Reference/Electronic Resources Librarian
Highland Park Public Library
494 Laurel Ave.
Highland Park, IL  60035
PH (847) 432-0216