Electronic Jornal: Advice and help

Isidro F. Aguillo isidro at cindoc.csic.es
Wed Jan 29 13:22:54 EST 1997

Dear colleagues:

        We have a project to develop a electronic-only journal devoted
quantitative aspects of the scholarly communication in the Internet.
The journal will accept contributions about the bibliometrics on the
Net.

        Probably, the journal will be called "Cybermetrics", published
in
English and with an editorial comittee for peer review.

        We thank the help of the Web4Lib colleagues in the following
fields:

a)  Previous experiences in electronic publishing of scientific
journals, including technical and legal aspects.

b)  Some background contributions in this field or information about
teams already working on internetmetrics

c)  Proposals of articles, reviews or letters that could be interesting
for the first issue.

d)  Candidates for the editorial committee, on a world-wide basis

e)  Your comments, critical or no, public or private about this
initiative.

        Lastly, the journal will be distributed freely from a Web site
in the
Spanish Centre of Scientific Information and Documentation (CINDOC) in
Madrid. We hope to launch a provisional page in two weeks, with
additional details.

        Regards,

        Isidro F. Aguillo
        CINDOC-CSIC