Command Line http request

Bin Zhang bzhang at library.kcc.hawaii.edu
Wed Jan 29 03:55:27 EST 1997

William Oldfield writes:
 > Anyone...
 >
 > I need to set up an automatic request for a series of text files
 > in a single directory that are delivered by a Web server.  There
 > is no "mget" in http like there is in ftp.
 >
 > I would like to set up a small script that would automatically
 > request each document in the directory through http.  My
 > question is how do I communicate to a Web server from a
 > UNIX command line.

Try WGet at <URL:http://sunsite.auc.dk/ftp/pub/infosystems/wget/>

Or, you can write a expect script (Expect is an TCL extension).  You
can basically telnet to the http port, and issue the get command.

Good luck!

Bin Zhang <bzhang at Hawaii.Edu>         4303 Diamond Head Road
Automation/Reference Librarian        Honolulu, HI 96816
Kapiolani Community College           Phone: (808) 734-9254
University of Hawaii                  Fax:   (808) 734-9453