frames, again!

Laura P. Robbins robbinsl at db.erau.edu
Tue Jan 28 19:02:46 EST 1997

There's been a lot of discussion about frames, so I felt obliged to put
my $.02 in.  I had frames up on our Internet Research Tools page, but
just recently removed them after finding out how many people were having
trouble with them.

Part of the trouble with frames is that people don't realize you can use
your right mouse button to go back within a frame (it certainly took me
long enough to figure it out :>).  Upon entering a framed site, the back
button will simply return you to where you were before entering the
frames.  BUT, using the right mouse button within frames, allows you to
navigate within the frame.

Since that's not common knowledge though, it's much easier and pleasing
to the majority of people to go without frames.

     Laura                                                     |\
                                                               | \____oo_
Laura Pope Robbins                   e-mail: robbinsl at db.erau.edu | //
Reference Librarian                   Phone: (904) 226-6603       |//
Jack R. Hunt Library                    FAX: (904) 226-6368
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University