Bandwidth needs of Lynx vs. Netscape/IE with graphics off

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at mhv.net
Tue Jan 28 12:21:35 EST 1997

Does anyone know if there is an appreciable difference in the bandwidth
needs of browsing using Lynx vs. a GUI browser with the graphics turned
off?

			Jerry Kuntz
			Ramapo Catskill Library System
			jkuntz at mhv.net

P.S. Thanks to those on the list who alerted me that the beta version of
Netscape Communicator has an email default of HTML encoding.
Unintentionally, that feature of Communicator (and other newer email
packages) illustrates the issue I was trying to highlight during the
recent copyright flamewar, i.e. the increasing ease with which entire
web documents--including graphics, can be forwarded through email.