using frames

bdunn bdunn at indiana.edu
Tue Jan 28 11:24:13 EST 1997

My $.02:
I'd like to suggest that if you're set on using
frames, you set up your library's home page
without them and give the option on that page
of using frames to do the navigation.  In other
words, set up 2 different versions of the same
pages.  I advocate this approach also for
tables, image maps, and anything else that can't
be viewed in Lynx.  Of course, this can quickly
use up the amount of space available to you but
considering the lowest common denominator is
arguably rather important to the goals of
librarianship in general.  Just a thought.

--Barb Dunn

My opinions are my own.  Who else would want them?