library homepages & in house databases

Acierno kacierno at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Mon Jan 27 10:16:12 EST 1997

I missed the original message which you were referring to when you
re-posted the purpose of the web4lib listserv.  I hope this posting is in
line with those objectives...

We have created a homepage for our library:
http://pml.suffolk.lib.ny.us

Within the section entitled "our departments/ref. & adult services" we
have mounted an in-house database which we created.  It is an index to
all our songbooks that you can search by composer, title, etc.
We are the Central Library in Suffolk County, Long Island - New York,
serving both our patrons and the patrons and libraries of Suffolk County.

I am trying to find out whether other Central Libraries, especilly in New
York State, are also working creating, or mounting in-house databases on
the WWW through their library homepage.  We hope to put our other
databases up as well, and perhaps search for a grant which would enable
Central Libraries to create and maintain databases such as these.  We
would love to work with any other libraries who are doing this...
Is anyone doing anything like this?

Thanks in advance.....

                       kacierno at suffolk.lib.ny.us
                    Patchogue-Medford Public Library