Netscape bookmarks

Dorothy Day day at indiana.edu
Wed Jan 22 00:32:52 EST 1997

On Tue, 21 Jan 1997, Ellen Macdonald wrote:

> This is one of those not-very-important, but nagging questions.  I gave a
> workshop session on Netscape bookmarks today.  A college student wants to
> produce a document in Microsoft Word which will simply list her bookmarks by
> name, with the URls.  I showed her how she could cut and paste or open the
> htm file in Word and delete a lot of stuff.  But there must be an easier
> way.  She does not have an easy way to put her bookmark file online, or I
> would show her "Extract The Anchors" at http://astl-10.stanford.edu/eta.cgi
> which I probably picked up from this list.

The new PC Magazine (Febr 4) includes a utility called ClipAid for Win95
or NT, which monitors the clipboard for URLS you copy to it, and copies
them to a ClipAid history list. Sounds like what you're looking for.
Sorry, there's no mention of a comparable program for Win3.x.

I don't know how soon that will be available from the Ziff-Davis/PCMag
website, but this will be in Vol16N3 when it becomes available.

---
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day at indiana.edu