No more text-based Internet?

Lethargic Librarian shot at panix.com
Tue Jan 21 19:31:14 EST 1997

On Tue, 21 Jan 1997, Madeleine Showalter wrote:

> I am looking for an Internet Service Provider in San Antonio which
> offers a dial-up account with text-based e-mail.  This is for a user
> with an IBM PC-XT (no windows).  If anyone knows of one, please let me
> know.
>
> I have been searching for several weeks, with no luck....

Sorry I can't help you out with something in San Antonio, but here in the
NYC area folks like myself (using an IBM-PC AT, believe it or not) can use
PANIX.  I admit that it would be nice to have all the whistles & bells,
but until I can afford them my wife and I are using our machine for
e-mail, Usenet newsgroups and IRC.

Good luck to your patron.  I'm sure their must be other text-only folks
around who could help.

Steve C.