Commercial Sites Index is gone

Genie Tyburski tyburski at SHRSYS.HSLC.ORG
Tue Jan 21 19:00:28 EST 1997

Margaret F. Riley wrote:

> Found this out today and figured I would spread the word.
>
> The Commercial Sites Index maintained by Open Market
> has been taken down.
> It was formerly at www.directory.net, and was one of
> the earliest and best resources for connecting to companies
> and other organizations online.
>
> *sigh*
>
> I'm taking a close look at the new Companies Online from
> Lycos in partnership with Dun & Bradstreet, and it is
> looking like a good replacement.
> www.companiesonline.com
>
> Any other suggestions for similar services with that many
> companies?

Commercial Sites Index was one of the first, but not ever very
complete.  I believe it bit the dust with GNN.

I suggest Infospace at URL http://www.infospace.com  Follow the path for
"business urls."  Also try:

Hoovers at URL http://www.hoovers.com
CompanyLink at URL http://www.companylink.com
Thomson & Thomson Domain Name Finder at URL
http://www.thomson-thomson.com/
Yahoo! at URL http://www.yahoo.com

Genie
--