ADSL

Patrick Emerson emersonp at lhl.lib.mo.us
Wed Jan 15 13:09:25 EST 1997

I would have to agree with Earl on the potential of ADSL.  I have been
following developments with ADSL at the ADSL Forum Web site:

http://www.sbexpos.com/adsl/

ADSL makes a lot sense because it works with existing copper phone lines, it
doesn't require a big investment by the phone companies (like ATM & ISDN do)
and the ADSL will eventually be priced similar to the current modems.  It
has a top speed of around 9mbps which is better than any other technology.

Patrick Emerson
Head, Leonardo Systems Dept.
Linda Hall Library, 5109 Cherry St., Kansas City, MO 64110
voice: (816) 926-8749		fax: (816) 926-8751
email: emersonp at lhl.lib.mo.us