Converting databases to HTML

Earl Young eayoung at bna.com
Thu Jan 2 15:12:08 EST 1997

We are also using Fusion (the one from www.netobjects.com) but only started
on it last week.

Earl
202.452.7887

We made quite good experiences with a product called Cold Fusion. It is a
sort of interface software between SQL-databases and the web. It is a
rather cheap and simple to use tool and we utilize it to make an Access-DB
(Version 6.0, that was before Windows 95!!) searchable from the WWW. You
can give a look to our service at http://www.isn.ethz.ch . Note that all
pages except the home page and a few reference pages are dynamically
generated from an ACCESS 6.0 DB via the Cold Fusion Interface. The results
are most satisfactory.

Hope this is of help

Stephan Libiszewski
ISN coordinator

At 06:21 02.01.97 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello Webxperts-
>
>I'm hoping someone with experience can help me, I want to convert an
>existing Microsoft Access database to html so I can deliver it via the
>web.
>
>I have seen dbWeb, which converts Microsoft Access for Windows 95 to
>HTML, but I have to convert my existing Access database to Windows 95
>and then to dbWeb.  There is also a product Internet Database Connector
>(IDC) by Microsoft.
>
>Does anyone have any experience using these products or performing this
>"database to web" conversion activity?

PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW FAX-NR. AND UPDATE YOUR DIRECTORIES!
Stephan Libiszewski, MA
Coordinator ISN/ Swiss OSCE Presidency Home Page
Center for Security Studies and Conflict Research
ETH Zuerich/ SEI
CH-8092 Zuerich, Switzerland

ISN secretariat:   isn at sipo.reok.ethz.ch
technical support: webmaster at sipo.reok.ethz.ch