Eliminating Win95 logon box

Richard A. Speer RSPEER at lpl.avcnet.org
Sat Jan 25 02:12:25 EST 1997

We need to keep the networking components for maintenance purposes,
so deleting drivers and re-installing is not a great solution.  I
have received two solutions which should work; one involves
using  Microsoft's PowerToys package which is available on their web
page.  "Included in the many utilities is a program called Tweak UI.
This utility will among other things let you automatically
insert the name and password at the logon dialog box when win95
starts up. Works great."

The other solution would involve some minor maintenance work on
windows password  files after every time one needs to log onto
Novell.  Please contact me directly if interested and I'll forward
you the reply.  (on second thought, I may have to first check back
and see if my reply'er has weighed in on the Yo Ho Ho issue  ; )   )

In any case, thanks to all who offered their suggestions.

Rick Speer                         rspeer at LPL.avcnet.org
Lewiston Public Library
200 Lisbon Street                  Voice: (207) 784-0136
Lewiston, Maine 04240              Fax:   (207) 784-3011