Request for advice about color scanners for web page images

Geoff Cannon geoff.cannon at sheridanc.on.ca
Fri Jan 17 11:08:19 EST 1997

Wayne:
The Halton Hills Library has been using HP scanners for many years and
highly recommend the 4P product.  Not only have we used our HP scanners
for creating web page images but have scanned almost 2000 archival images
as part of our photograph database project.

The one thing you will have to do when you get the 4P is go to the  the
HP web site and download the drivers for the 4C to get 300 dpi for colour
images.  They don't tell you this anywhere in the instructions.  I read
this in a recent PC magazine reviewing scanners.

Geoffrey Cannon                    geoff.cannon at sheridanc.on.ca
Information Services Librarian
Halton Hills Public Library
http://www.hhpl.on.ca/libary/hhpl/hhpl.htm