Java Telnet Applet

Alan Withoff awithoff at mlc.lib.ms.us
Fri Feb 28 11:16:39 EST 1997

FYI Web4Libbers:

While trying to figure out how to configure Netscape 4.0 PR2 to load a
telnet application, I was searching around Netscape's Web Pages and
found references to a Java Telnet Applet by which Java-enabled browsers
don't need a telnet application.

A good example is Princeton University's

http://library.princeton.edu/catalogs_and_databases/online_catalog.html

It is a very reassuring implementation.

However, I still haven't figured out how to configure a telnet app. for
N4.0PR2 for all the rest of the sites that don't serve Java Telnet
Applets.

Alan Withoff, Technology Consultant/ awithoff at mlc.lib.ms.us
Mississippi Library Commission/    http://www.mlc.lib.ms.us
1221 Ellis Avenue                          Vox: 601.359.1036
Jackson, MS 39289-0700                   Fax: 601.354-4181