Internet in Libraries

Linda Hyman lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu
Fri Feb 28 10:11:58 EST 1997

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Douglas Cornwell wrote:

> I have to relate an experience I had while helping one of our students
on  the Internet...

Recently I was sitting with a small group of students working on their
Master degrees in Educational Technology.  One of the students mentioned
that her brother-in-law was a real whiz on the internet and was thinking
about starting a business helping people locate information on the
internet.  She then proceeded to describe all of the things a librarian
already does for free as part of the tasks he would perform.  For those
who can afford to throw their money away, I guess it will work.  For those
who are careful, they will find out that librarians are providing the same
service "for free."