Internet in Libraries

Earl Young eayoung at bna.com
Thu Feb 27 13:38:23 EST 1997

I agree with you.  My position is only that "free" is a misleading term.  There
are numerous subsidies at work in our economy - the Web and the 'net in general
being very heavily subsidized.  I think most of these work out very well for all
concerned.  Libraries have traditionally played an educational role that I
believe is very valuable.  That doesn't mean that people who charge money are
bad.  They are just following a different model.

Earl Young