Boston situation -Reply

Joel Rosenfeld joelr at sinnfree.sinnfree.org
Wed Feb 26 10:17:08 EST 1997

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Brain Stone wrote:

> I dont want my kids to be exposed to pornography in the library. I dont want
> local pol's and the christian right telling us we can't offer internet
> access. Two good reasons to bock porn. I dont think we have to stop it all.
> We do have to make a reasonable attempt.
>
> Just my opinion.
>
> Brian

Your kids won't be "exposed" to pornography in the library or on the
Internet unless they look for it except in rare circumstances. It is your
responsibility as a parent to tell them what to do in case they encounter
a "dangerous" situation, like you teach them about the dangers of crossing
busy streets.

What is not acceptable, is blocking out my access (and everyone
else's) to everything that somebody else thinks might link to pornography
without regard to what legitimate subjects are also blocked.

My leg is getting tired. Pull the other one.

Joel Rosenfeld