Web vs CB radio

Linda Absher absher at lclark.edu
Tue Feb 25 11:53:54 EST 1997

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Earl Young wrote:

>      It's not likely to be another CB radio fad.  First of all, Kris
>      Kristoferson (sp?) hasn't made bad movies about the Internet.  I

He hasn't, but judging from "Hackers, "The Net", and various other
movies/tv shows whereby a character needs a byte-sized deus-ex-machina
quick, there's already been a plethora of bad movies about the net, not
to mention the misconceptions they perpetuate (instant access to extremely
sensitive records, huge (and quickly downloading) graphics, etc.).  No
wonder everyone thinks the Internet is going to give 'em every bit o' info
they need as fast as they want it whenever they want it.

As for the country song, how's 'bout "I Lost My Baby to a 15-Year Old
Sysop on the Net"?

LInda

Linda Ueki Absher		absher at lclark.edu/lindaa at info.berkeley.edu
Reference Librarian		(503) 768-7287       FAX: (503) 768-7282
Lewis & Clark College 		Portland, OR 97219
--
"By doing just a little every day, I can gradually let the task completely
 overwhelm me. -- Asleigh Brilliant