Communicator 4.0b2 is out

Earl Young eayoung at bna.com
Tue Feb 25 08:04:13 EST 1997

     I downloaded it to my home machine yesterday morning - from the server
     at the University of North Carolina - and got a routine 140+ Kps
     transfer rate on my residential ADSL line.  It took just a couple of
     minutes to download the file.  I mention this because ADSL is an
     emerging technology considerably cheaper than ISDN (and a great deal
     faster) and is beginning to show in both the Pac Bell and Bell
     Atlantic service areas.  The era of long downloads will end soon.

     Earl Young