Helper Apps in MSIE 3.0?

Sheryl Dwinell dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Mon Feb 24 09:29:02 EST 1997

As long as someone brought up using WinQVT (I'm using v. 3.9) as their
telnet app in MSIE 3.0, I have a question. I set up WinQVT in MSIE 3.0 last
week, yet I can't seem to get the program to come up.  I'm using Win95 and
I have no problem using this as my telnet app with Netscape.

This morning, as Thomas Dowling suggested, I went into Explorer (in Win95,
not Internet Explorer) and looked at the file type URL:Telnet Protocol to
see what it said and sure enough it had the correct directory and file name
(in my case: C:\Winqvt32\Tnstart.exe).  So, it appears that I'm doing
everything correctly, but still cannot get a telnet session to open.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Sheryl Dwinell
Cataloger/Database Management Librarian