Win95 servers

Walter W. Giesbrecht walterg at YorkU.CA
Tue Feb 18 08:20:36 EST 1997

> O'Reilly's Website 1.1 (http://website.ora.com/) is available for
> free.  They charge for the "Pro" version.  It runs under NT and
> Win95.

Just a correction; Website 1.1 currently sells for US$99, according
to <URL:https://website.ora.com/order/order.html>. However, you can
buy a copy of the book "Building your own website" for US$59, which
includes a copy of the software, but does not allow for upgrades or
registration <URL:https://website.ora.com/byow/>.

I believe the current "free" version is 1.1e, whereas the registered
upgradeable version is up to 1.1h. The book is worth it, in my humble
opinion as a satisfied user, as it gives a very clear explanation of
how to set things up; the online documentation is occasionally
unclear. I run a test server on the NT box in my office, and it's
never given me any trouble.

Walter W. Giesbrecht                        walterg at yorku.ca
York University Libraries          (416) 736-5639 ext. 77551
North York, Ontario, Canada