Win95 servers

Bobb Menk bmenk at hampton.lib.nh.us
Tue Feb 18 06:12:13 EST 1997

O'Reilly's Website 1.1 (http://website.ora.com/) is available for
free.  They charge for the "Pro" version.  It runs under NT and
Win95.

It was written by Bob Denny who wrote the WinHTTPD Win 3.1 server.
In fact, they used to charge for it but started giving it away as a
means of trying to keep their market share when MS started shipping
their free server.

I upgraded from WinHTTPD to WebSite about 2 years ago when I moved to
NT and have been very happy with it.  It has all the bells, whistles,
search tools, & security that I need.  And the price is certainly on target.

Just a satisfied customer.

Bobb Menk
Internet Librarian
Lane Memorial Library