Position Announcement

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 14 10:38:14 EST 1997

I am posting this on behalf of Carol Hoffman, Univ. of Pittsburgh.
Roy

UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
DEPARTMENT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE

The Department of Library and Information Science, School of Information
Sciences, University of Pittsburgh is seeking applicants for a tenure track
teaching and research position at the rank of Assistant Professor.  The
successful candidate will have a teaching and research focus within one
or more of the broad areas of Information Organization, Information
Systems or Information Services with an emphasis on the role of
information technology.  Examples of this focus might include organizing
information across formats, automation of information systems, management
of resources, or interaction of technology and users.  The University of
Pittsburgh offers an environment that encourages collaboration, a
multidisciplinary approach to research and teaching, and a diversified
faculty and student body (http://www.sis.pitt.edu).

QUALIFICATIONS include a Master's degree in Library and Information
Science or a related field and an earned doctorate by the time the
contract begins.  We are interested in individuals with energy,
imagination and a committment to the profession.  Preferred starting
date is September, 1997.

Applicants should send a letter of interest with resume, representative
publication(s), and provide names of three references to Chair of the
Search Committee, Dr. Margaret Kimmel.  Preference will be given to those
applications received by March 15, 1997, but the search will continue
until the position has been filled.

The University of Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action
employer.  We are particularly interested in applications from minority
and women candidates.

Dr. Margaret Kimmel
Department of Library and Information Science
University of Pittsburgh
135 North Bellefield
Pittsburgh, PA  15260
EMAIL - kimmel at sis.pitt.edu