Web Security for Licensed Databases

DeeAnn Allison deeanna at unllib.unl.edu
Tue Feb 11 13:10:38 EST 1997

I'm seeking information on current methods people are using to control
Web access to remote databases with restrictions that limit access to a
particular number of simultaneous users, and/or that limit access to
individuals affiliated with the site.

Has anyone found a good way to allow people affiliated with an institution
to access these remote sites Using an Internet Service Provider? We are
using IP number checking but that only works for people coming from
computers on-site.

Thanks,

Dee Ann Allison
Automated Systems Coordinator