Administrivia

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 10 16:48:37 EST 1997

Perhaps because Web4Lib continues to grow (there are now over 3,300
subscribers), I find it necessary to regularly remind everyone of a
couple facts:

1) The Web4Lib Web site is at

http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/

where you will find the archive, a full list of ListProc commands, the
Library Web Manager's Reference Center, the all-important posting policy
(see below), and more.

2) The Web4Lib Posting Policy governs all of us, which explicitly describes
some categories of messages which are not appropriate to the discussion.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but the first policy is "All messages
must relate, however slightly, to the general topic of World Wide Web
systems and libraries or library staff." If you have difficulty
determining what relates to Web systems and libraries, perhaps I could
help. Requests for pen pals, questions regarding college credit for life
experience, library catalog software questions (unless they are
Web-based), pet grooming tips, cookie recipes, and wine suggestions are
all inappropriate. Finally, if you feel it necessary to apologize when
posting something then do us all a favor and just don't do it.

I have found Web4Lib participants to be an extradorinarily well-behaved
group as these things go, and I want to thank you all for your cooperation.
Roy Tennant
Web4Lib Owner