status o' the day

Jennifer Sarber jsarber at statelib.lib.in.us
Mon Feb 10 11:15:52 EST 1997

Fellow HTML Editors:

I have just validated (or tried to :)) some of my web pages and guess what,
errors ran rampaged on a few pages and other pages were just fine.

I vow to myself and my Fellow HTML Editors as a professional editor in the
future to correctly prescribe HTML.

My thoughts are: like some other editors I prefer to enter my own tags, I
like the feel and trust of doing it myself.  I have been doing this for
almost two years, and I do use several different editors.  I am not quite
sure about working with editors that work like word documents such as
PageMill or ClarisHomepage.  I just do not trust these editors.  The feel
is not the same.  Of course if I chose I can work in the HTML source, and I
often do.  It is also true that these types of editors can allow some
formating that is just not allowed in editors like W3.  The tags just are
not the same as if I enter them myself, there is a little difference in the
format of the tags.  Is this something that just takes getting use to?  Is
there a different amount of errors used with these types of editors as
apposed to an editor like W3?  What are some of your opinion's.

Sincerely,
Jennifer

Jennifer L. Sarber
Management Information Services