"Proper" HTML (was Re: status o' the day)

Alex Fayle alex_fayle at oma.org
Mon Feb 10 09:19:40 EST 1997

     I was wondering if "proper" HTML will go right out the window as
     more and more people begin to use graphic HTML editors? I used to
     do it all manually typing in the code, but now use Netscape
     Gold's editor. I always cheque the code after I play with it in
     Netscape to make sure the program hasn't done something
     particularly illogical, but I doubt many others do, or care.

     As HTML editors become more and more word-processor like, then
     what sort of control will be put on them? Word and WordPerfect
     are the 'standards' in word-processing, but you couldn't get two
     more dissimilar approaches to word-processing. Is this happening
     with the HTML editors? And who will win? (I don't think I'd bet
     against the two top dogs being Netscape and MS Front Page).

     Have a good and thoughtful week folks...

     Alex Fayle
     Records Analyst, Corporate Information'
     Ontario Medical Association
     alex_fayle at oma.org