web personnel

Jane Neale nealej at Sage.EDU
Tue Feb 4 09:55:25 EST 1997

Hello all,

Our institution is creating a part time web position to manage the
increasing load of page creation, updating, departmental page
construction, design work, etc. The position will probably
be located in our communications dpartment.

We are looking for advice regarding the best structure for the
position. Possible scenarios are web consultant on a contract basis,
part-time, salaried person, or part-time hourly staff. The duties would
vary somewhat depending on the type of position we end up creating and
on the candidates we attract.

I would love to hear from people who have either been in the above types
of web positions, or who have worked at institutions with similar
positions. I am looking for pros and cons of any or all, and any comments
you can make on the general viability of the various types of
positions.

Text of part-time job descriptions with salary ranges if possible would
also be welcome.

Thanks very much. Feel free to reply offlist to nealej at sage.edu, or
onlist if you would like.

Jane