another Proxy server question

Mack Lundy mack at janus.swem.wm.edu
Fri Dec 19 09:47:23 EST 1997

Dan,

Like many colleges, we are also faced with the growing poblem where students
and faculty sign on with a non-college ISP and want (actually demand) to get
to resources where access is restricted by IP address.

We are working on  a proxy server as a means to provide this access - at
least until something better comes along.  At Midwinter I am planning to
discuss this at the Secure Systems and Services IG meeting (Monday, Jan. 12,
Hilton Riverside Gr. Salon 4).  I'm not a proxy server expert but I can
discuss what we are doing, how we are doing it, and why we are doing it
which may be of help to those contemplating life with a proxy server.  It
isn't likely that I will get my notes up on a web page before Midwinter but
I intend to do so afterwards.

Regards

Mack

Happy Festivus back at you!  Do you have your aluminum pole up?  Ready for
the feats of strength?