Perl

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Fri Dec 19 08:43:45 EST 1997

But that isn't the same thing at all.  David doesn't want to create an HTML
page with a link to the arts page; he wants to go directly to the arts page
with an HTTP Location header.  It should be no problem, except that it
sounds like something else is writing an HTTP header first.

I would try creating another script in the same directory that consisted
entirely of:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
print "Location: http://www.yahoo.com\n\n";

See if that actually goes to yahoo.  If it doesn't, I'd have to guess that
your server is adding header information prematurely.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu