drop-down menus

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Dec 17 08:41:40 EST 1997

Peter,

Good point regarding the use of Javascript (or Java applets). I only use
these menus on pages (like the listed url) intended only for in-house use
where I know(because I set the standard) that anyone accessing the page
will have a browser that supports Javascript.  In other locations, like
our home page, where I have used Javascript for "roll-over" menus, I have
used object-detection to "disable" the script for those browsers that
don't support it.

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library
Northville, MI