drop-down menus

Peter Murray pem at po.cwru.edu
Tue Dec 16 19:21:35 EST 1997

--On Tue, Dec 16, 1997 7:26 AM -0800 "Andrew J. Mutch"
<amutch at tln.lib.mi.us> wrote:
> This can be done with a little bit of Javascript.
[...]
> To see how these work in real life, visit our Reference Desk page at:
>
> http://northville.lib.mi.us/info.htm
>
> This page uses 3 menus providing access to Web Sites, Search Engines, and
> on-line databases.  I use these menus all over the place in our web pages
> because of their compact size and "automated" jumping ability.

Keep in mind...when you do this you make your site unusable to those who do
not  have JavaScript (or have JavaScript turned off).  This appears very
frustrating to the user...they can seeming choose menu items, but have no
way to make it go further.

Peter
Peter Murray, Library Systems Manager                    pem at po.cwru.edu
Digital Media Services                 http://www.cwru.edu/home/pem.html
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio          W:216-368-5888