GW2K or Dell?

Judy Anderson janders at camino.delmar.edu
Mon Dec 8 19:37:08 EST 1997

We've been running Gateway 2000 machines in our student technology
center for almost 2 years.  They have been great!
We have had a couple of monitors die, and a few drives, but with
3000-6000 students a month using them I can't complain.
Gateway also gives excellent service for replacing the few parts we've
had go wrong.

I haven't used Dell recently, but that's just because I had such erratic
luck with them a few years ago. The "was this put together on a Monday
or a Wednesday" syndrome. In checking with a few people here who ordered
them, they still have some consistency problems, especially with their
laptops.