signing off

j. y. chen judy at wired.com
Fri Dec 5 03:37:32 EST 1997

>At the Internet Librarian conference, we had speakers from HotBot,
>AltaVista, Infoseek, Yahoo, and Northern Light. The "substitute" speaker
>from HotBot/Wired was the poorest speaker, and didn't really seem
>interested in being there, although there was a good lively interchange
>with all the others.
>
>Draw your own conclusions!

ooh, I hate to tell you this, but Ed Anuff, who spoke at the conference,
was laid off as well.  as the Director of Product Development at Wired, he
was perspicacious enough to choose Inktomi as a partner from the beginning.
we owe him a large debt for all he's brought to HotBot as well as NewsBot.
I am sure his vision will be missed at Wired.

______

"Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that
everything in this life has a purpose." --Elisabeth Kubler-Ross